Monday, July 6, 2009

All about me

I find it interesting the reaction of people to bad news. My parents haven't been apart of my life for some time. Granted it is a mutual behavior. They haven't been a part of my oldests life either. Now there are problems they want to fly out. To be fair they haven't sought nor have we sought to have a real relationship between grands and her. I guess when time is short you realize the time you squandered. Isn't that always the case? I asked them not to visit right now. Any and all guests add stress and now isn't the time.

My sister and I don't speak (long story maybe another time). She found out my oldests (honey from now on) health issues and she personalized it as her pain. It isn't her pain. Hell it is barely mine. It is Honeys. She is the one going blind and probably dying. I am just being a normal parent who is in despair at the taking of my greatest gift and accomplishment. My lifes work began the day I became a dad.

Many people do this. I am trying to search myself. I have done it in the past but not since my grandfather passed away. Even that was morning the time I squandered with him. In retrospect he was a weak person who physically abused kids and drank too much for 50 years.

Honey has a neurology appointment on Tuesday. I will have the kids and await the information.

I will post a more positive message about the fun we had this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment